Kobay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

toma röportaj oguriyle ingilizce

Aşağa gitmek

toma röportaj oguriyle ingilizce Empty toma röportaj oguriyle ingilizce

Mesaj  rei Cuma Tem. 25, 2008 1:27 pm

Oguri Shun-Ikuta Toma ANN (09-07-2007) Part 1/?

I’m guessing the person who did the Japanese transcript is a Toma fan, she excluded the first 30 min of the show when Shun was hosting by himself.

The transcript below starts when Toma comes onto the radio show with Shun.

O: Well~~, I would like to host the show with the special guest for tonight from this segment onwards.

The guest for tonight is, co-starring [with me] in the drama “Hanazakari no Kimitachi e – Ikemen Paradise” – Ikuta Toma!

Toma: Good evening~ Ikuta Toma here. YAY! [Toma literally says YAY!]

O: I ask of you to grant me your favor. [literal: Yoroshiku onegai shimasu]

T: Please do! [onegai shimasu!]

O: It’s here, it’s here!

T: You know, I came today on impulse, but it wasn’t for the purpose of any business arrangements, but just to do the show?

O: Yeah, it seems like it every time.

T: That’s great. Before the show, I thought I would take a quick trip to the toilet, and the show started the moment I left. “I want to be your diaphragm*,” [Shun] said. As I heard it, I thought that it was something I had listened to before, and that’s when the show started.

[Translator’s note: Shun makes this infamous statement “I want to be your diaphragm” when asked to quote a statement which will make a girl fall instantly in love with him. The youtube link can be found here.]

O: Indeed.

T: That’s great. As I expected from [Oguri Shun].

O: No no no.

T: I [finally got to] come.

O: You finally did, didn’t you? The staff on the show said that there wasn’t a lot of time for two people to be talking on the show, but we managed to chat quite a bit, didn’t we?

T: Yeah it was unexpectedly a lot.

O: The other day… what was it? After we had finished work, you said, “Let’s go have a drink,” And the both of us went.

T: Yup.

O: After we had returned from Ibaraki. [A province in Japan]

T: And then we just went to drink. Something like that… [O & T laugh]

O: That was amazing, really. What time did we [drink] till? 6am? [Translator’s note: O_o]

T: Something like half past six. When I returned home I couldn’t fall asleep. It was too early in the morning.

O: Yeah it was too early.

T: But it was great fun.

O: Yeah it was really enjoyable. The both of us met in Hana Yori Dango 2 to begin with. [check up Toma’s role in HYD2]

T: That’s right. I was invited to appear in the first episode. But the only scene which I appeared in together with Shun-kun was just 2-3 seconds.

O: Right, it was [that scene] when [Hanazawa Rui] arrived and said, “Am I interrupting something?”

T: It was just about the time when Inoue Mao-chan and I…

O: Hmm… Tsukushi appeared on the cover of a magazine unwillingly, and you were saying “Sorry” to her at that time

T: And when I embraced her

O: [Rui] appeared and said, “Hmm? Am I interrupting something?”

T: By a nimaime actor. [referring to Shun-kun]

[Translator’s note: It took me quite a while to figure this out. According to the Yahoo! Japanese dictionary, a Nimaime is a kabuki bishounen which appears mainly in romance scenes. Fitting for Hanazawa Rui, ne?]

O: Wah, you talk too much! [literal: you’re noisy!]

T: Well it just came out [of my mouth]. [Not too sure what Toma is saying here…]

O: But it felt like during Hana Yori Dango 2, you managed to make a sudden visit. [ウチイリthe definition by the Yahoo! Dictionary didn’t make sense, so I tried to put it into context. It means to raid or to return home.] Was it the day when the show started to air on television?

T: Which day? Nah, it wasn’t the day the first episode aired. It was slightly before that.

O: Oh, slightly before… When I talked to the staff and cast about making a sudden visit, even though it wasn’t an informal social gathering, it had that kind of feel to it. We chatted for quite a bit there, didn’t we?

T: Yes, yes, yes. I was really awkward.

O: Quite true. You were the only one going around to everyone.

T: Just as I was saying, “I haven’t seen you in a while~” “Please grant me your favor”, and things like that. And then Oguri Shun said gently, “How are you doing?” Something like that.

O: You’re kidding! Are you sure that really happened? [Toma bursts out laughing]

T: Well we became good friends then, didn’t we?

O: Quite true.

T: And we exchanged our contacts then.

O: Within the span of that day. And your first impression of Oguri Shun when you met him?

T: My first impression? Well, as expected, a Nimaime actor…

O: Why you ~~ (laughs)

T: Well your voice was always very sweet sounding. Just like a SWEETIE. [Literal: su-I-tei]

O: Where exactly do you want to take me? Since the beginning of this broadcast.

T: Nah nah nah… Just as I thought, Shun-kun, you’re really gentle. No matter who you deal with, be it male or female. I really think that you’re a great person.

O: You’re joking… Well, I’m a little happy, now.

T: For real?

En son rei tarafından Cuma Tem. 25, 2008 4:35 pm tarihinde değiştirildi, toplamda 1 kere değiştirildi

rei
Admin

Mesaj Sayısı : 131
Kayıt tarihi : 25/06/08

https://denek.yetkin-forum.com

Sayfa başına dön Aşağa gitmek

toma röportaj oguriyle ingilizce Empty Geri: toma röportaj oguriyle ingilizce

Mesaj  rei Cuma Tem. 25, 2008 1:28 pm

O: Normally I would be quite happy, I think. My first impression of Toma was, [that] Toma’s a very meticulous person.

T: Umm, umm, umm. [sounds of agreement]

O: Well, in any case on the set of “Hanazakari no Kimitachi e”, he was always extremely meticulous. He always kept an eye on various things.

T: Oooh, oooh.

O: For example, when it was said, “Let’s all go and have a meal”, [Toma] would say, “Has [someone] brought water to drink?” And he would take detailed care of matters like that. Also, there was an incident when someone was standing at the edge, and [Toma] would go, “Hey you, what are you doing there?” He keeps an eye on everyone. [Methinks Toma has a syndrome of Big Brother, anyone?]

I was probably one of the people who played a fool quite a bit, so he kept me in line. “Toma was pissed with me from time to time,” there were moments when such thoughts crossed my mind.

T: [laughing] There’s no such thing, there’s no such thing. [Vehement denial]

O: And so, we’ve been doing a lot of promotions together lately, haven’t we? And I was fooling around then. And there was quite a bit of tension on that day. There were times when [Toma] said, “Waaaah” and other times when he said nothing at all. Toma has done quite a bit to cover up my [foolishness].

Toma: Fufufufufufu.

O: And that’s why I think that this person is just such a great guy.

T: Hahahahaha!

O: Seriously. He’s a great fella.

T: Naaaah…

O: Well something like that. And how are you finding things? Your impression of the set, atmosphere, etc. on “Hanazakari no Kimitachi e”.

T: As I expected, it’s an all boys school right?

O: What surprised me, and I don’t understand it, was that we unexpectedly became good friends with everyone on the set. A part of it might be due to the face that Toma and I were on good terms to start with.

T: Yes, yes, yes. That’s how it was. It was a great atmosphere.

O: Still, it took us a little time to warm up to each other. Like when we first met.

T: True, true.

O: It didn't feel like we were pushing for something that was impossible, wasn't it?

T: Horikita Maki-chan already did a great job of coming in, it is a great set.

O: Well now, we've received lots of mail today, so I would like to introduce them.

T: Uii. [Oui?]

O: [reading from the mail] Horikita Maki-chan said she might listen to the program [All Night Nippon], but has she really listened to it?

O: Oh! Thank you! So much.

T: Amazin'! Horikita Maki is just so charming!

O: Isn’t that so?

T: She’s so chic!

O: And we had actually just finished recording [a radio show]. What is this then??

T: You’re referring to the recording that we did after we had finished filming? We were covering an event until just now, weren’t we?

O: Actually, the three of us [Maki, Toma and Shun] had done a recording at an imaginary studio. And it was there that I said, “Maki-chan, since you’ve stayed till such a late hour, why don’t you leave together with Toma?”

T: Yeah, you were like, “Leave, leave!”

O: Why you~~ What the hell are you saying?

T: Uwah, that was the best way to leave? It probably was the best way for Horikita Maki-chan. For me, when I came [onto the show] I was a little shy. It felt like I had to do my best!

O: Hahahaha!

T: I was extremely shy. [laughs]

O: Well, when we talked about how we bully [the cast], we gave the nickname “Horikitty” [to Horikita Maki].

[Translator’s note: for the uninitiated, Hello Kitty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Kitty) is the most well known cartoon character produced by Sanrio. Horikitty is probably a pun, merging Hello Kitty and Horikita.]

T: We said that we would make rapidly make the nickname sink in.

O: And then this became a conversation topic that Horikitty really hated. But you know, as I was chatting about random things, I thought, isn’t it alright to say “Horikitty”? And then Maki said to me, “Well now! You know, when you appeared on television a while ago, you said Horikitty, right?”

Toma: [Explosive laughter]

O: And she asked me again today. Toma and I called [Maki-chan] Horikitty again. And at the end of today, I said something like, “Horiki, thanks for all your hard work.” Because I had to do the ANN radio show today, I left the film set earlier. After that, Toma was doing his scenes. I think it was [Maki-chan] who said this, “Seriously, I really wish you would stop calling me Horiki”

T: She said, “Seriously, please stop.” And “You’re definitely going to say it on the radio right? Please, just don’t.”

O: Ahahahaha! Too late! We already said it!

T: Horikitty is gonna flare up after she hears this.

O: She’s gonna be on fire. The next time we meet on the set, she might not speak to us anymore.

T: “Why did you say it?” she’d exclaim. We would bully her in ways like that.

O: That’s right.

rei
Admin

toma röportaj oguriyle ingilizce Empty Geri: toma röportaj oguriyle ingilizce

Mesaj  rei Cuma Tem. 25, 2008 1:28 pm

In which there is much naming confusion regarding Toma.

T: But you know, recently, [Maki-chan] was a guest at Nakai’s (http://www.jdorama.com/artiste.142.htm) bowling game, and he went, “Horikitty~!”

O: He called her that, right?

T: Shun-kun and I thought, “It’s going just as we planned, yeah?”

O: Ahahahaha. Speaking of nicknames, Toma’s nickname is coming up.

T: [Shun] is recruiting a list of nicknames for me.

O: “Here we go. If we’re going to shorten Toma’s name, I think “Toomasu” [Thomas?] would be good.”

T: Oooh. Toomasu? I was called that during my primary school days.

O: We talked about that just now, didn’t we? That you were called Toomasu [by your schoolmates].

T: However, other than that time there’s been virtually no one else who calls me [Toomasu].

O: Going on to the next one, [one viewer suggests] “Potato Baron”!

T: Wait a minute, what the heck was that???

[Translator’s note: Slightly wary of the term, I googled for “Potato Baron” to see if there were any hidden meanings. Other than an odd reference to Detective Conan and websites purporting the Baron of all Potatoes (e.g. produce from Hokkaido), there’s not really anything special about Potato Barons online. Sometimes there are too many in-jokes in their radio shows that it becomes harder to follow.]

O: You wouldn’t like to be called [Potato Baron]? We’re in the midst of collating nicknames for Toma. In the past, Toma used to be called Potato Baron, however, is that forbidden now?

T: Did that actually happen?

O: Was there ever a time when you were called the Potato Baron?

T: I don’t know. Was there? Well, maybe Arashi’s Nino (Ninomiya Kazunari) called me that before.

O: But why the Potato Baron? Was it because you liked potatoes?

T: Nah, it wasn’t that I particularly liked it, it seems like my face resembled a potato.

O: Ahahahahaha!

T: Because I had a mature face, since a long time ago.

O: Really. Well, going on to the next suggestion, a nickname for both Shun-kun and Toma-kun could be “Shun-man” and “Tou-man” [read it as it is in English]. I think it makes it easier to address the both of you.

T: Shun-man and Tou-man.

O: You know, to me, it seems like, a Chinese dumpling of sorts. [Shun-man sounds similar to Shuumai, the Japanese term for a type of Chinese dumpling. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaomai]

[Translator’s note: Awww… I don’t know. It sounds rather delicious. I loooove Shiu Mai, by the way. Could you tell?]

T: Perhaps we could form a unit called “Shun-man and Tou-man”?

O: Shun-man and Tou-man?

T: You know, like “Trio the SHAKiin”.

[Translator’s note: Trio the SHAKiin is a temporary singing unit which was formed to perform the theme song of Kuitan.]

O: Ahahahahaha.

T: It has that kind of feel to it. Something like “Shuji and Akira”. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%ABji_to_Akira)

[Translator’s note: Interestingly, Shuji and Akira were a duo of guys who helped Horikita Maki’s character in Nobuta wo Produce become the most popular girl in school, when Maki’s character was originally unwanted and unpopular. It has a Sano and Nakatsu feel to it, doesn’t it?]

O: Aah, Shun-man and Tou-man. [Shun does it here, but using the intonation of Shuji and Akira]

[Hearty laughter from both.]

O: Nah, I don’t like the name Shun-man.

[Yes Shun, alluding yourself to a dumpling probably isn’t the wisest thing.]

T: Ahaha.

O: Well, I would like to announce one more nickname we have here. Next up, from Ishikawa prefecture, Ishikawahahahaha [degenerates into peals of laughter]

T: HEY, just a minute now.

O: We got this from Ishikawa prefecture. Ahahaha…

T: Isn’t that okay?

O: “How about Tou-man?”

T: There have been a lot [of suggestions] with the affix –man. You know, something-man.

O: Tou-man or To-man.

T: But I did have something like that a while ago. Tou-man that is. Inoue Mao-chan, during Hana Yori Dango, [said] something like that.

O: Ah, she did mention it.

T: I was called that. I was called that.

O: You were called that, yeah. By Mao-chan. So she was the one who said Tou-man?

T: Tou-man… Well, you know, [it started with] the cameraman and Touma, and subsequently it developed into Tou-man. Well, something like that.

O: Oh, so that’s how it was.

T: That’s right.

O: Did you have a say in how this happened? Like, “You can call me that from now on.”

T: Well, as it is now, we’ll probably go with Shun-man and Tou-man.

O: Shun-man, Tou-man.

T: Must we go along with that?

O: Hold on a minute. We’ll put this one in the back seat. More nicknames await after the break.

rei
Admin

Sayfa başına dön